Manage episode 317691842 series 2880695
Kaustubh is a Ph.D. student at the University of Pennsylvania researching Goan history. He’s also an award-winning playwright.
This podcast doesn’t have any corporate funding or support so the contribution by listeners is very important for its survival. Please support it here:
1. Patreon (Most preferred medium): https://www.patreon.com/anuragminusverma
2. BuyMeACoffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Anuragminus
3. InstaMojo:(UPI/Gpay/PayTm) : https://www.instamojo.com/@anuragminusverma/
4. PayPal (ONLY People living outside India can pay through it): https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/AnuragMinusVerma?locale.x=en_GB
Please rate the podcast on Spotify.
Some links and topics discussed during the podcast:
1. How Goan musicians created the Jazz scene in Bombay. They were also part of the orchestras which bought in the western elements in Bollywood music.
2. Goan history and local viewpoint about the Portuguese rule.
3. Politics of Goan Historiography: https://www.persee.fr/doc/luso_1257-0273_2000_num_7_1_1407
4. Hippie Trail and How Goa become part of Hippie Trail: https://youtu.be/gh_7qqqGVeQ
5. How tourism started in Goa.
6. Sonar Kila: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonar_Kella
7. Caricaturing of Goan Catholics in Bollywood.
8. Where’s Sandra: https://youtu.be/ZnsAjSZSzUw
9. Jalwa: https://youtu.be/wftKfEhIpPw
10. Religious Friction between Hindu and Catholics
11. Difference between Indian universities and US universities.
Kaustubh’s Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/maaynaque
My Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/confusedvichar
Follow the podcast on Insta: https://www.instagram.com/minusverma/?hl=en
Music Credit 🎵 : 'Tokyo Music Walker - Way Home' is under a creative commons license.