Manage episode 286637403 series 2795594
Your mind is your control center and can influence all your choices and actions. It is commonly believed that those who can control their mind and change their mindset have achieved the ultimate success. While this is not easy to achieve, knowing how the mind works can take us one step closer to this goal.
In her book ‘Mindset: The New Psychology of Success’, Carol S Dweck recognizes the role of mindset in shaping your personality and helping you grow in life. Listen to this Podcast by Edelweiss Mutual Fund & learn about the importance of mindset in your life!
1. There are primarily two kinds of mindsets – growth and fixed. A growth mindset can help you grow and achieve success while a fixed mindset can act as a hurdle to growth and keep you away from winning.
2. The growth mindset is very powerful – it can change the course of your life and bring you closer to your goals.
3. The fixed mindset makes people weak and holds them back from learning and making the right choices.
4. It has been observed that champions usually sport a growth mindset as it builds character and encourages perseverance which is imperative for becoming a champion.
5. Growth minded leaders see their companies not as their fiefdom, but as growth engines for their teams, their company, and themselves.
6. Mindset can be changed – the first step towards bringing about this change is to lower the barriers in your mind and open up to the belief that you can actually improve.
Carol S Dweck’s book has made it easy to understand the impact of different mindsets and the importance of having the right mindset. We hope you enjoyed this podcast and will tune in to listen to more such podcasts on investing nuggets.