Manage episode 294531800 series 2880695
Aseem Chandaver is connoisseur of underground B- films. He has worked with Eros/AIB/Arre/Netflix/Vice.
Buy Me A Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/Anuragminus
Patreon : https://www.patreon.com/anuragminusverma
In this episode we discussed :
- Why is he obsessed with B - films?
- Kanti Shah and Ramsay brother’s peak era.
- Difference between A, B , C and D grade film industry.
- How B filmmakers found hack to bypass censor boards
- Gunda trilogy.
- When Aseem met Kanti Shah.
- His experience of working as a writer at Saifai Mahotsav. ( Starts at 45:50)
- How hierarchies work in the mainstream and B industry. He also explains why he believes B-industry was like TikTok from the pre TikTok era that grew up as a rebellion against the elitism and sophistication of mainstream industry.
- Appropriation of B films by Bollywood.
Thank you Rekoil Chafe for letting me use the music. Check out his work : https://www.instagram.com/rekoilchafe/?hl=en
1. In defence of Poor Image.