776: Kevin Dutton | The Wisdom of Psychopaths Part One
Manage episode 352100373 series 3344575
Kevin Dutton (@therealdrkev) is a psychologist and author known for his research on the psychology of evil and the science of charisma. His latest book is The Wisdom of Psychopaths: What Saints, Spies, and Serial Killers Can Teach Us About Success. [This is part one of a two-part episode. Keep an eye out for part two later this week!]
What We Discuss with Kevin Dutton:
- How having a con artist father who never lost his cool sparked Kevin's interest in understanding the mindset of the psychopath.
- What Kevin means when he says that psychopaths understand the "words but not the music" of emotion.
- Contrary to popular belief, psychopaths aren't necessarily violent. They could be a surgeon or a killer, a firefighter or an arsonist. (Or even a professor or an ax murderer.)
- Why psychopaths are often excellent at persuasion and identifying weakness in others.
- What percentage of the population exhibits psychopathy, and how psychopaths can actually be useful for society.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: jordanharbinger.com/776
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking — our free networking and relationship development mini course — at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here — even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!