#52 Mentorship, performance, and handling rejection with Tricia Brouk
Manage episode 359045736 series 2883526
The Nice Podcast is brought to you by Futureforth.com. We teach leaders to improve employee retention, communication, and culture with the Nice Method™.
Tricia Brouk is an international award-winning director of Right Livelihood a Journey to Here, and founder of The Big Talk.
Tricia worked in theater, film, and television in New York City for over three decades. In addition to her work in the entertainment industry, she applies her expertise to the art of public speaking. She produced the event’s Speakers Who Dare and TEDxLincolnSquare. She curates and hosts the Speaker Salon in NYC, The Big Talk, an award-winning podcast on iTunes and YouTube. Her documentary Right Livelihood A Journey to Here about the Buddhist Chaplain at Rikers Island won Best Documentary Short at The Olympus Film Festival, and You’re Gorgeous, I Love Your Shirt, An Inside Look at Bullying, and Mental Health also won Official Selection at The Awareness Film Festival. Tricia's mission is to create an inclusive community of dignified speakers who want to change the world.
What we talked about...
- The importance of mentorship.
- Performance and working as a professional dancer.
- Choreography and working in film and television.
- Writing plays, musicals, and award-winning documentary films.
- Recognizing she is a storyteller.
- Speakers Who Dare on YouTube.
- Ego nature vs. Buddha nature.
- Pausing, breathing, and meditation.
- Lions Roar magazine.
- “No means not yet.” How to handle rejection.
- The Big Talk Podcast with Tricia Brouk.
- She teaches speakers in her Big Talk Academy.
- Tips for virtual speakers and investing in good home equipment. Check out Dave’s tools.
- Read The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.
- Ideas to practice self-love.
- Contact Tricia at triciabrouk.com.
- Get a free chapter of Tricia’s book, The Influential Voice: Saying What You Mean for Lasting Legacy, at theinfluentialvoicebook.com/chapter.
We ❤️ Our Listeners.
Please follow the show and leave a review wherever you subscribe to podcasts. Reviews and sharing the show are the nicest ways to support the podcast and are deeply appreciated. Thank you.
🎸 Theme song is “Little Jane May,” and the end song is “Funny Feeling” by AlistairChristl.ca.
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices