Manage episode 337122430 series 1244150
What is it like to be an American Muslim mama trying to raise kids who are 100% American and Muslim? Is it possible to be progressive and Muslim? Many have misperceptions (including me!), so I brought on Zaiba Hasan, host of the Mommying While Muslim podcast to talk about all this and more.
Watch this episode on the Mindful Mama Youtube channel!
If you enjoyed this episode, and it inspired you in some way, I’d love to hear about it and know your biggest takeaway. Take a screenshot of you listening on your device, post it to your Instagram stories, and tag me @mindfulmamamentor.
- You can be progressive and Muslim
- American Muslim kids have to deal with the after effects of September 11
- Muslims come from many different cultures, which flavor their experience
There was no Ph.D. in parent and life coaching, so she created one herself! Zaiba has received training and/or certifications in the following:
- Parent Coaching, from the Parent Coaching Institute with the Appreciative Inquiry Lens
- Sleep Training for ages 0-18, from Family Sleep Services
- Spiritual Mediation in Conflict Resolution, from Sufi University and the Karamah Institute
- Positive Discipline, The Positive Discipline Association
- Adolescent Brain Cognition, from the Mindfulness Institute
- Getting mothers the support they need in the workplace from a Diversity & Inclusion perspective, from Cornell University
Get Hunter's book, Raising Good Humans now! Click here to order and get book bonuses!
ABOUT HUNTER CLARKE-FIELDS: Hunter Clarke-Fields is a mindful mama mentor. She coaches smart, thoughtful parents on how to create calm and cooperation in their daily lives. Hunter has over 20 years of experience in mindfulness practices. She has taught thousands worldwide. Be a part of the tribe—we’re over 25 thousand strong! Join the Mindful Parenting membership.
Take your learning further! Get my Top 2 Best Tools to Stop Yelling AND the Mindful Parenting Roadmap for FREE at: mindfulmamamentor.com/stopyelling/
Find more podcasts, blog posts, free resources, and how to work with Hunter at MindfulMamaMentor.com.