Marcus Today Pre-Market Podcast – Monday 16th January
Manage episode 352582211 series 2991632
Dow Jones up 113 points (+0.33%). Up 152 at best, down 274 at worst. Dow Jones up 2.0% for the week. S&P 500 up 0.41% and up 2.7% for the week. NASDAQ up 0.73% and up 4.8% on the week, the biggest weekly gain in two months. So far this month the S&P 500 is up 4.2%, the Dow Jones up 3.5%, the NASDAQ up 5.9%. At the same time, the VIX Volatility index is at a one-year low.
A good start to the US results season with all four major investment banks higher on the back of results with some beating estimates. We have Morgan Stanley and Goldman’s results on Monday.
- JPMorgan up 2.5% on results. Beats estimates.
- Citigroup up 1.7% on results.
- Bank of America up 2.2% on results.
- Wells Fargo up 3.2% on results.
- UnitedHealth up 12.4% on results.
- Goldman Sachs and Morgan Stanley results on Monday.
Catch up on all the latest with Henry Jennings on today’s Pre-Market Podcast.
Why not sign up for a free trial? Get access to expert insights and research and become a better investor.