Manage episode 316707088 series 2934915
Todd, Nick, and Percy dig into the work of theatre theorist and practitioner Augusto Boal and the techniques of theatre of the oppressed, looking at how we might apply those principles to tabletop role-playing games (and vice versa!).
- Theatre of the Oppressed by Augusto Boal, trans. Charles A. and Maria-Odilia Leal McBride
- Games for Actors and Non-Actors - Augusto Boal
- “Theatre for the Less Oppressed than I: Reconsidering Augusto Boal’s Concept of Spect-actor” by Yonghee Lee
- “Recourse to Action: The Renewal of Politics and Theater in Hannah Arendt, Antonin Artaud, and Augusto Boal” - Miguel Balsa, Gestos Nov 2008
- Using Tabletop RPGs for Social Empathy - Joshua Brickley
- Tabletop RPGs That Recreate Real History, High Society, & War - Coleman Gailloretto
Dungeons and Drama Nerds is produced by Todd Brian Backus, Percival Hornak, and Nicholas Orvis, and is mixed and edited by Anthony Sertel Dean.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @DnDramaNerds, check out cast bios on our website, dungeonsanddramanerds.com/, and tune in next week for another episode of Dungeons and Drama Nerds!