16 funds the professionals would invest in
Manage episode 353208126 series 2656707
Fund managers get judged by their investors, prospective investors and peers.
That last category is possibly the most informed of the lot. Fundies know what it's like to put in the work managing money. They pour over financial data, they visit companies on-site, and they make the hard-line calls.
So there may be no higher praise than to be called "a fund manager's fund manager".
Again in this year's Outlook Series, we ask 16 fund managers to name the fund manager to whom they'd hand over their own hard-earned capital.
They've come to the table with a diverse group of fund managers, including those in venture capital. Two of them even nominated one of the co-panellists!
And, in the name of diversification, you'll find that the fundies have often opted for funds that are outside their own wheelhouse.
Guest order in this podcast:
- Ben Clark, TMS Capital
- Michael Goldberg, Collins St Value Fund
- Mary Manning, Alphinity Investment Management
- Dion Hershan, Yarra Capital Management
- Matthew Kidman, Centennial Asset Management
- Robert Gregory, Glenmore Asset Management
- Catherine Allfrey, Wavestone Capital
- Nick Sladen, LSN Capital Partners
- Anthony Aboud, Perpetual Asset Management
- Nick Griffin, Munro Partners
- Jun Bei Liu, Tribeca Investment Partners
- Romano Sala Tenna, Katana Asset Management
- Oscar Oberg, Wilson Asset Management
- Marcus Padley, Marcus Today
- Andrew Clifford, Platinum Asset Management
Note: This vision was filmed on the 6th and 13th of December 2022. You can watch read an edited transcript below: