Manage episode 296017685 series 2880695
Priyanka Paul is a 22 year old self-taught illustrator, poet and person who does things on the internet. Her work revolves mainly around the themes of social justice, marginalisation and self-exploration. In her free time you’ll find her jamming to hip hop music or hoarding zines!
Support my work on:
In this podcast we have talked about many issues such as:
1. Her background and what have shaped her art and aesthetics.
2. Is creating art on the internet a therapeutic activity or does it create more mental health issues?
3. The unreal idea of being ‘real’ on the internet.
4. Her experience of being away from Social media for 2 months and why she recommends this detox to everyone.
5. The perils of speaking about caste on social media.
6. Problem of using American social justice vocabulary without understanding the Indian regional context.
7. Trolling culture of the internet and mental health implications.
Priyanka's Insta : https://www.instagram.com/artwhoring/?hl=en