Manage episode 328572278 series 1409924
The Productivity Show podcast has been around since 2015 or so – this is episode 404 – and at the beginning, whenever we had a guest on, the host would end it by asking the guest three questions:
“What’s your Book, Tool, and Frog”?
Book: What’s a book you’re either loving right now or you would recommend to the audience?
Tool: What’s a “tool” that helps you get your best work done? It could be an app, a physical tool or device, or anything really.
Frog: What is a project or something you are focusing on right now? (Comes from the concept of “Eat Your Frog” – we have a big article about that we will list in the shownotes)
In this episode, we’re going to share OUR current Books, Tools, and Frogs, as well as share some from your fellow TPS listeners and our Productivity Academy members.
For a limited time, get 40% off a Calm Premium subscription at Calm.com/tps
Go to Shopify.com/tps for a FREE fourteen-day trial and get full access to Shopify’s entire suite of features.
You can find links to everything that we share in the show notes by going to theproductivityshow.com/404.
- What does “Frog” mean in the context of this episode? [2:41]
- Top 3 Productivity Resources [4:22]
- What were Brooks’ Book, Tool, and Frog from his first appearance on episode 7 of TPS? [7:22]
- What is Marmel’s book recommendation for the day? [11:07]
- What is Brooks’ book recommendation for the day? [15:04]
- What shifts has Marmel made in her views on productivity and “getting things done?” [19:09]
- What is Marmel’s tool recommendation for the day? [25:15]
- What is Brooks’ tool recommendation for the day? [29:00]
- What is Marmel’s frog recommendation for the day? [34:27]
- What is Brooks’ frog recommendation for the day? [37:44]
- Action step to integrate today’s topic into your life. [42:27]
- Blog: Eat That Frog- Do Your Most Important Task In The Morning
- Book: Eat That Frog!- 21 Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time
- YouTube Premium
- Book: Winning on Purpose- The Unbeatable Strategy of Loving Customers
- AirPods Case w/ AirTag Holder
- TPS7: Going Paperless w/ Brooks Duncan
- Book: The ONE Thing- The Surprisingly Simple Truth About Extraordinary Results, by Gary Keller & Jay Papasan
- App: Alfred
- Webinar: The Best Productivity Systems Used By Highly Successful People To Get Things Done In Less Time
- Book: Ikigai- The Japanese Secret to a Long and Happy Life, By Hector Garcia
- Video: Living With More Ikigai, by Alice Ferris
- Productivity Workflows and Strategies of A Consultant in the Non-Profit Sector w/ Alice Ferris (TPS399)
- Book: Four Thousand Weeks- Time Management for Mortals
- Elgato Stream Deck
- Book: Find Your Why, by Simon Sinek
- Book: The War of Art, by Steven Pressfield
- Book: Stolen Focus: Why You Can’t Pay Attention–and How to Think Deeply Again by Johann Hari
- Productivity Academy
- Become a member of TPS+
- Take the Productivity Quiz
If you enjoyed this episode, follow the podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Overcast, PocketCast, or your favorite podcast player. It’s easy, you’ll get new episodes automatically, and it also helps the show. You can also leave a review!